Wednesday, April 8, 2009

4/7/09 Yummy lunch

I have been a very bad girl!

Um, let's see....We went on a couple of family getaways where I didn't watch my diet. I also didn't exercise, unless you count shivering to death from the cold.

Why do extra pounds creep up on vacation? Do I really lose that much control over my daily habits? Do I just commit to never travel anywhere? NO!!!!! I continually come home from vacation and work my butt off!

Monday was uneventful. I did stay away from carbs & sugar, yet I think I consumed too many calories that day.

Tuesday was a beautiful day! I went on a bike ride, took my dog on a run, and ran on my treadmill for 40 minutes. OK, that was pushing it cause now I can't sit and my thighs are killing me!

Meals are so tricky when all the kids are in school and you have to "make" yourself something to eat. I am the type of person who doesn't follow recipes. I love food and will often mix various things together that sound good. Chicken salad was sounding good, but I improvised.

Today's lunch was so yummy, so here it is:  

My version of Tuna Salad for 1 
1 can tuna drained
2 tsp. light mayo
1 cup finely shredded lettuce
Mrs. Dash to taste
Cashews to taste
                     

No comments: