Friday, October 17, 2008

Friday, October 17th

Here I am eating about 500 calories per day and I'm actually doing really well! I weigh in on Monday morning to see how much I've lost in 1 week.

Surprisingly, I am beginning to feel pretty good. I've kept up on my exercise and I rarely feel hunger pains. Although, I did attempt to hike the "Y" on Wednesday and felt dizzy and nauseated. We didn't quite make it all the way:( ! I guess my body was still releasing the sugars and other toxins, but each day gets a little easier. The hardest part of this diet is cooking meals for my family. I struggle keeping myself from tasting what they are eating!

I am going to try and do this for the full 6 week plan, rather than 3 weeks. Now that I am used to eating this way, I think it would just be easier to keep going.

Here are some yummy variations my mom and I (mostly my mom) have come up with:

SOUP
Take your raw 3 oz. meat portion and cut it up in small bite size pieces. Add onions, spinach, tomatoes, garlic, and seasonings. Add water and boil for an hour to create a yummy soup!

SMOOTHIE
Take 3-4 frozen strawberries and put into a blender. Blend with 1 Tbs. milk (that is our max), 1 1/2 cup water, and 1 crystal light tea packet.

SALAD DRESSING
Take 1 packet of Stevia or 1 tsp. of Xagave sweetener. Mix with apple cider vinegar or fresh squeezed lemon.

No comments: